Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Geek Inside!

I've passed my last few years trying to destroy, change or even hide him.... he has been embarrassing me for what seemed to be a long time, then I decided to take some action about this! 

I referred to a friend who had some good experience in that, so called, "communication skills" and bla bla bla ! At first I never believed in such things and I thought that we are exactly how we have borne and we would dye unchanged ! However, I said to myself, "he might help, and why not to give it a try?" , and here everything started off, I decided to change everything and to build an "interface" for people, whom are NOT geeks, to deal with ! .... it took me a whole year of reading, attending sessions, experimenting and failing, I came up with what I could call an "optimum interface", what means I didn't change too much internally, however, I became dexter in dealing with people, negotiating with them and giving them what they actually wanted !

To my amazement, after all this, what really brought me praise and compliments was the "GEEK" himself that I was trying to destroy and ended up hiding and ignoring him! :D yeah that really happened with me more than once ! 

The only time to hear "enta 7ad gameel awy ya fawzy" wasn't because I gave some girl a flower, instead it just happened because I managed to remote control a presentation  laptop with my mobile phone! sure as a geek I know that this is a silly well know trick ;) however people doesn't always see things this way ! also another noteworthy time was when I suggested a "user-friendly" site plane for some website I worked on ! and what came last today when the girl whom I've wanted to talk to for soooooo long came and said "may I ask a Q? " so I said "go on" she said "what is the antivirus u recommend :( , well actually this wasn't the Q I wanted to hear anyway but at least it was a "talk" :D 

All that only lead to one conclusion, being a geek have some good points, after all. I feel I didn't have to change it from the beginning ! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd Love to hear, your opinion here ;)